Ready to Lose Your Glasses? Ten ideas for choosing a LASIK or Laser Vision CorrectionThe world of ophthalmology is one of the fastest developing fields of medicine. Never ever before have a lot of new strategies and scientific developments emerged in such a short period of time. LASIK surgical treatment, which uses an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, uses millions of people the chance to minimize or remove their need for contacts or glasses .
Television and radio ads are filled with remarkable stories about LASIK surgical treatment as the fast and pain-free method to remedy vision, but stories are also appearing about people for whom it was less than successful. Before you choose to go under the beam, what can you do to assist ensure that you will be happy with your results?
The key to safe surgical treatment in any field of medicine is an informed client. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgical treatment. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction cosmetic surgeons in a nationwide survey by Ophthalmology Times, uses the following standards to quality care and treatment.
1. Discover a medical professional by getting referrals from other physicians or from clients who have had LASIK or laser vision correction.
2. Don't be deceived by fancy advertisements about a specific laser. Choose the medical professional, not the laser center. Learn who will really do your procedure, then ask about that doctor's certifications (e.g., board certification, unique training).
3. Pick a physician who has actually done at least 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgical click for info treatments. What a physician doesn't understand can injure you.
Ask for details on your physician's LASIK eye surgery problem rates. If your physician will not tell you, discover another one.
5. Ask what measures are required to prevent infection. Try to find a center with a dust-free or sterile operating room. Make certain that disposable parts are not recycled. Firmly insist that your eye go to my site is thoroughly sanitized, and firmly insist that the surgical instruments be sterilized prior to your eye laser surgery to get rid of the risk of transmission of HIV or liver disease.
6. Beware of advertisements pressing "low expense" LASIK surgery. Discount rate surgery is as great as a discount rate parachute. The potential cost savings are unworthy the risk of getting less than skilled care!
7. Expect to see very well after LASIK, but don't expect to see completely. Each client gets a slightly various outcome. The finest cosmetic surgeon in the world can't guarantee 20/20 vision. Similar to any eye laser surgery, results are as specific as each client. Be careful of any medical professional who guarantees 20/20 vision.
If you feel like you're getting a hard sell, you most likely are. You're not buying a automobile; this is real LASIK eye surgical treatment.
9. If your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or so, implantable lenses will most likely offer much better vision than LASIK. Consider waiting up try here until the new lenses are readily available. Ask your physician about them and other current advances.
10. While you examine, do not forget the benefits: for many people, a lifetime of bad vision can be treated in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgery has enhanced the eyesight of countless individuals around the world.